- Sensory Trail - COMING SOON
- Interactive rubbing posts - COMING SOON
- Information boards
- Map and Notice boards
- Wildlife Pond
Where to find us
Saint Swithins Road, nearest postcode GU51 1GJ. Grid reference SU80598 55727.
Parking is available at Elvetham Heath Community Centre next to Morrisons.
The site covers approximately 26 hectares of public open space, consisting of heathland and woodland. Other attractions include a children’s play area, duck pond with picnic tables and an informal recreation ground with pine woodland. From July 2010 Elvetham Heath Local Nature Reserve and adjoining open spaces has been given a prestigious Green Flag Award.
The reserve has excellent pathways and board walks over the wet areas making access easy. All gates are suitable for wheelchairs, push-chairs and bicycles.
All group led activities must contact the education ranger before they visit the site.
Please keep dogs under close control when in the gated areas during grazing times between March and mid-September.
Top 10 species found at Elvetham Heath:
- Grass snake
- Slow worm
- Common lizard
- Smooth newt
- Round-leaved sundew
- Cross leaved heath
- Bog myrtle
- Ruddy darter
- Beautiful demoiselle
News and Updates
- To preserve social distancing, we have for the time being closed the internal grazing areas at Elvetham Heath Nature Reserve. The wider nature reserve area, the pond, the surrounding open space and the cycle way remain open, as they are served by wide footpaths where people can readily pass whilst keeping good separation whereas within the internal grazing areas the footpaths are much narrower. To pass safely one has to step off the footpath onto wet ground and in doing so damage the protected areas.
- We are in the process of installing a sensory trail and interactive rubbing posts, once we are able to start running activities and events again we plan to have an open day to engage with the community about this new interactive feature at Elvetham Heath Nature Reserve.
- Unfortunately all activities and events for the beginning of 2020 have either been cancelled or postponed during the current pandemic.
- All volunteering is currently on hold, however if you are interested in helping out with volunteer tasks once they are up and running again, please email email@example.com.