Why work for us?
Hart District Council is a ‘people oriented’ employer that knows the importance of its staff. We value our employees’ ideas, their contributions and their dedication to being the best that they can be. We are an employer that engages with our staff, encourages innovation and offers many opportunities to develop. We have a great can-do attitude and our ethos is to do the best that we can at all times. At Hart, you will find yourself working in a supportive atmosphere, with friendly people. We're a dynamic organisation which embraces the use of modern technology and smarter working arrangements. We offer an excellent employment package with favourable terms and conditions, along with a competitive salary and pension. We are committed to providing staff with the flexibility to achieve a healthy work-life balance which in turn gives greater job satisfaction.
What we offer – our benefits package
We offer an attractive benefits package as well as a competitive salary. Our benefits comprise:
- different types of working patterns - subject to role and business need such as part-time, job-sharing, flexi-time scheme, compressed hours and home-working
- a generous flexi-time scheme for all grades (up to Joint Chief Executive level). This means that you are able to take up to 2 days per month of flexi-leave if you accrue the time - subject to business needs
- professional subscriptions – for certain posts, we will pay for annual membership subscriptions to a professional body where it is an essential requirement of the job
- a generous annual leave allowance - 25 days (+ public and bank holidays) on commencement of employment rising to 30 days (+ public and bank holidays) after 5 years service
- a generous occupational sick pay scheme – to ensure you are able to receive normal pay during defined periods of absence
- life assurance – we offer three times your annual salary to your nominated beneficiary if you die in service
- a range of generous family friendly packages for our staff, covering all areas of family life such as maternity, paternity and adoption
- apprenticeship schemes – we are always looking to nurture new talent and this continues from the beginning of a career with us.
- free small gym on site – we really value our staff and are committed to their health and wellbeing
- free Parking – available for all staff at the Council offices or nearby car parks
- free flu jabs – annual flu vaccinations are available to all of our employees
- free eye tests – Vouchers for eye sight tests are available for all staff.
- cycle to work scheme and locked bike sheds – we encourage our staff to use clean, green and sustainable transport and as such, we have a loan scheme to help staff purchase bicycles
- free tea and coffee – refreshments for our staff are always on hand in the Council Offices – feel free to grab yourself a cuppa on us!
Interested in working for us?
If reading this has got you interested in us, why not take a look at our jobs page to see if we have a vacancy that might interest you too?