Edenbrook Active Area
The Bike Tracks are now CLOSED inline with Government guidance. However, the park is still open for local residents to visit for essential exercise. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Hart District Council worked with specialist mountain bike and BMX track builders Architrail to expand the facilities in the Active Area of Edenbrook Country Park.
- Dog friendly
- Two free parking areas
- Main Car Park - No time or height restriction
- Pale Lane Car Park – (2m height restriction) - Temporarily CLOSED
- Community Gardens – COMING SOON
- Active Area
- Pump track
- Mountain and BMX bike track
- Wooden play dragon
- Surfaced paths and boardwalks (some paths are not suitable for wheelchairs – please check first)
- Four WWII pill boxes - UNDER RESTORATION
- Viewing platforms
- Maps and Notice boards
- Circular walks of 2.6km or more
- Toilets and café at Hart Leisure Centre - Temporarily CLOSED
All group-led activities must contact the Education Ranger before they visit the site. Further information on organising educational visits can be found on our Education page.
Where you'll find it
For Main car park next to Hart Leisure Centre -
Closest postcode: GU51 5DW.
View destination on Google Maps
For Pale Lane car park - Temporarily CLOSED
off Pale Lane,
next to the railway bridge,
Closest postcode: RG27 8BA.
View destination on Google Maps
What you'll find there
Edenbrook is a dog friendly country park with plenty of surfaced paths and open space. It is popular with joggers and cyclists too. Features include a network of ditches, culverts and ponds designed to take floodwater away from the adjacent houses.
The large amount of standing water attracts a wealth of waders and ducks especially in winter. In spring and summer watch dragonflies flying low over the water and butterflies across beautiful meadows of wildflowers and grasses. If you’re lucky you might see a Common Lizard or a Grass Snake. In the winter, paths may be closed owing to flooding after heavy rain. This may reduce access – check out our social media pages for updates or below in the “News and updates” section.
Skylarks and other ground-nesting birds' nest on the ground between March and mid-September.
Please keep your dogs under control to help protect them during this time.
Top 10 species found at Edenbrook Country Park:
- Barn owl
- Reed warbler
- Common lizard
- Pipistrelle bat
- Emperor dragonfly
- Marbled white butterfly
- Ivy mining bee
News and updates
- Find out more in our Edenbrook Country Park Bike Track story and video.
- All events and activities have been cancelled for the time being due to COVID-19, Once we are able to go ahead again new activities and events will be available, including Hart Health Walks.
- All volunteering is currently on hold, however if you are interested in helping out with volunteer tasks once they are up and running again, visit the Hart Voluntary Action website or call them on 01252 627070.
- The Pill Box Study Group would love to hear from you if you’d like to join them to uncover and restore our four pill boxes at Edenbrook. Please email email@example.com for further information.